Our newest release is the 1200D Detachable Neck Combo Horse Rug. This upgraded version boasts a higher GSM than many other brands, giving the polyester ripstop heavy-duty fabric exceptional tear strength.
Featuring a secure yet easily removable detachable neck, this rug offers the versatility of two options in one. Enjoy the flexibility of a full combo for maximum coverage and protection, or simply remove the neck cover when it's not needed, transforming the rug into a neckless version. The well-made and secure Velcro attachments ensure that the neck cover stays firmly in place when attached.
For those who prefer to keep the neck cover on at all times, rest assured that this combo functions flawlessly as a traditional combo rug without any disadvantages. The detachable neckline is seamlessly integrated, providing added convenience without compromising the rug's performance.
- Detachable neck with large velcro closing to securely attach neck rug to main rug body
- European double chest clips with buckles
- Durable and strong double velcro closing on the neck with quality steel keepers
- Wave contour design
- Niteglow reflective piping
- Large gusseted tail flap
- Wither guard
- Metal fittings are made of 304-grade steel which is antirust
- Rubber rings on surcingles for proper holding of straps
- Removable and adjustable leg straps with heavy-duty clips
- Taped sealing of joints of skirt and gusset which increases waterproofness
Also available as a Padded Rug - Stormbreak Padded Rug 1200D
Our 1200D combos provide outstanding performance at an everyday low price. Compare our prices and features with the opposition and see the value. Polycotton lined body for extra durability, with nylon on the skirt, front shoulder area of rug, neck, gussets, and tail flap to aid in rub reduction and cleanliness.
Polycotton is more durable, and still has the absorbency and breathability of cotton, but is more long-lasting than cotton and doesn’t shrink as 100% pure cotton does. When these two fibers are blended, the resulting fabric takes on the best qualities of both materials. Experience the excellent fit of the new contoured wave style with tail darts and shoulder gusset to fit well with comfort for your horse. A versatile rug for use on its own and over our polycotton rugs or underblanket rug for those colder days. Also available as a detachable neck padded blanket or combo blanket or combo blanket lined version. All rugs have had an upgrade with the strength of the adjustable leg straps increased as well as extra heavy-duty clips.
Colour: Ice Blue on the body and Black on the skirt, with Black and Ice Blue bindings.
Waterproof Rating: greater than 5000mm Breathability Rating: greater than 5000g/m2/24hrs
- When using rain sheets, remember that a hot, sweaty horse (humid conditions or just been for a gallop), may produce more moisture (perspiration) than the rain sheet can breathe away. When a rug is wet, the breathability of the rug is drastically reduced as the water covers the fabric pores, allowing condensation to build up on the inside of the rug. This can give the impression that the rug is allowing water through from the outside, however, it is the horse's sweat that is causing the moisture build-up. Therefore in humid conditions or long periods of cold or wet conditions, it is best to have your horse wearing a cotton rug to help it wick away the horse's sweat.
- Although no rug is 100% waterproof, our GoHorse rugs are more than 4 times the minimum waterproof requirements, therefore giving your horse the best chance it can have at remaining dry and comfortable. Constant soaking rain for days on end can allow slow leaching of water through seams and joins such as tail flap joins, and behind the chest buckles, therefore it can never be said to be 100% waterproof.
- A good quality rug has not only a high waterproof factor but also a high breathability factor with these two features combined to increase the waterproofness. GoHorse Rugs have BOTH of these features.